Monday 18 October 2010

The Freight Train of Life

I can’t stop it happening, things are just so busy, so difficult and I have too much to deal with. It’s pulling me under, knocking me down. I can’t make them like me, can’t stop them saying what they do. I don’t have time to do all these things. I never seem to be able to get everything done. Everything around me is a mess. They seem to want more and more, they are asking me to do things I simply can’t do. I’m not good enough for them. Why do they want so much from me, it’s all too much – I can’t cope!
If a train was coming at you at 100 miles an hour, right for you, fast and heavy and sure to be the end of everything you know – would you take it head on, let it end everything  - or would you simply step aside?
Life is like that! Life has problems that seem as though we haven’t got the answers. We are presented with problems that we are unable to understand, to be able to do and therefore  unable to achieve a solution to. Also, we have demands that overwhelm us, seem impossible to do and so we fall behind and can no longer do the things we were coping with before.
Step aside, take time to think this through. Allow yourself to make sense of it. If it is unreasonable for you to be doing something, if you don’t understand or it is something that is far too difficult for you to achieve – say so! Ask for advice, an explanation, guidance, training, support.  It is not unreasonable to ask for what you need, in order to do what you have been asked to do. Respect yourself and know that it is not weak to ask - asking for support is part of strategy, is a sign of knowledge and strength –you risk being overwhelmed and ‘may’ lose respect if you don’t!
Moreover, there is no job that pays enough to take your health and possibly your life!
There is also no-one who cares for you that much, they would want you to feel this overwhelmed!
Step Aside - give yourself time to think

No comments:

Post a Comment